Friday, 18 April 2014

One year old!



My little baby turned one last week.
She's been on this Earth a whole year, a full year, a year that has gone quickly and slowly all at the same time.

We spent the day celebrating in our own way, I didn't have a party or anything extravagant - Talia won't remember it and it's not the way I wanted to spend her first birthday. We just had some family over and shared a cake.

Talia was a little bemused by all the attention, but she did enjoy the toys she got once they were unwrapped.
It was more of a day of reflection than anything, I kept remembering to the time when she was born, as I think every parent does on their child's birthday.   Going back to the same time last year when we were to go from a family of three into a family of four.

It's hard to describe how I feel about her being one; at times, I still look at her little face and am in complete wonder that she is here.  Other times it feels like she's been with us always.

 I am so incredibly grateful for her and for her addition into our little family.  It really has been the most magical, amazing year.

1 comment:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...